CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Let the Church Say Amen

I have a confession to make - I'm a "PK", yep a preachers kid. Not just a preachers kid but a Pastors Kid. So I was raised in church, me and my brothers were always in church. For as long as I can remember, we were going to Sunday School and Sunday evening service and Monday evening kids service, Tuesday choir practice, Wednesday Bible Study, Thursday Business Meeting, Friday Everybody meeting. Fast forward to my 20's and I started clubbing and hanging out and just having fun so I kinda stopped going regularly. Then in my 30's I moved to TX and got back into church. I loved it. Now I am married and my husband and I used to attend a church all the time, but gradually the Pastor and his wife started to say things and I started to get that odd feeling that I just didn't like what was going on. That got me to thinking that the church may not be in line with the same thoughts and biblical teachings that I have. So we both stopped going. Now we only go to church every now and then. I really want to find a church and start going. I miss that feeling of fellowship and being closer to God. But where do I start? I mean I pray to God every morning, I thank him every night. If I get to work early I will take my bible out and read a little bit. But I know that I am NOT doing everything that I could or should. UGH - I will figure it out.

A co-worker of mine had put in for a transfer from her current position to one in our IT dept. I think she actually got it - lucky her - hey do you hear that - yeah its a little bit of hater going on. Naw really I am so happy for her. She has been through a lot with her baby being a preemie (is that how you spell preemie?) so I am so happy to see her find something she wants and just grab it and take it like it was always hers! I wish i had that in me. There are so many things that I want to do and to be. Here are a few things:
1. I want to start making jewelry and selling it online
2. I want to be a nurse a RN
3. I want to travel
4. I want to learn sign language
5. I want to be more organized
6. I want to really decorate my house
7. I want to play the piano again
Those are just a few. But I know that I dont have enough faith in myself or my abilities to actually go through with it.

1 comments:

The Ripley's said...

Oh come on Ang...you know you can do every single one of things and kick booty in it! :)
I know you can!